Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jumping in the Deep End

So I've decided to jump into the deep end and submit some short stories to a lesbian anthology being put together as I type. My friend and fellow writer, Callie has been encouraging me to go for it. In fact she told me about it and has submitted several stories herself. It would be really cool to be in the same anthology together, don't you think?

It's amazing how insecure I am about submitting things to be published. It's like my inner critic goes into overdrive and I doubt myself and my work. Which is silly because the only way to get better and get published eventually is to suck at first and then improve as you go along as well as learn the publishing game. I have no clue how that all works. I guess if I really want to find out, I'm going to have to just plug my nose and jump and figure out how to doggie paddle my way through it all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some stories to polish up and get ready to send off. I'll keep you posted if I get anywhere with them, or if Callie does too. Wish us luck, peeps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about submitting stuff to lesbian anthologies...almost wrote for an erotica one...then there is another one with June 1st as the deadline...haven't done any so far. Which ones are you thinking about?

Chrissie aka itsalovestory

Kenna Wolfgram said...

Hey Chrissie! I can't think of it off the top of my head, but it's an anthology of short erotica. The stories can only be 1200 words or less, which I am finding a bit of a challenge to write something so short. I can't believe I actually find that hard to cut back that far now, when at one time that was hard to write that much! Lol, writing really is a muscle, isn't it?